I love me some blueberries. If they are on sale at the local co-op or Whole Foods Market, I will stock up. In the summer I will sometimes also buy cartons and cartons and freeze them! They are great in so many different dessert, sweet or just that little bit of a boost you need, type dishes.
This one is easy to make dessert and just so good. You will never believe that it doesn’t have any added sugar in it. I have served this at dinner parties and people were asking about the recipes so they can make it for their family! Which is just the highest form of compliment for a cook.
- 3 cups of frozen wild blueberries (variations can be adding in mixed frozen fruits)
- ½ cup of almond milk ( you can play around with this depending on how creamy verses more liquid you want the “moose”
- 1 medium avocado
- Optional: soaked dates (around 1-2 for the recipe above or more if you want more sweetness)
- Optional: Chia seeds, Green powder, Acai powder, Maca powder
HOW TO CREATE:
- Soak the dates for at least 4 hours. I sometimes do it overnight. Add in the milk and avocado first and then add in the frozen blueberries (it will mix easier). Mix all together in a vitamix or blender. If you are adding in any of the additionals, once you have something creamy and smooth, then add in the powders and dates.
- Top with chopped nuts, Shredded coconuts or cashew cream. (link cashew cream to the Recipe cashew cream)