Holy mushrooms!! I could live off mushrooms, they are one of my favorite foods. They are so meaty and have that earthy taste. I love them in risotto, by themselves, in a sandwich or even on top of salads. For me presentation and the way vegetables are cut really does make such a difference? Am I the only one??
Instead of slicing my zucchini I have been cutting them into wedges and it makes all the difference. No, really it does. 🙂
Try and let me know what you think!
- Handful of King trumpet mushrooms
- Handful of oyster mushrooms
- Handful of maitake mushrooms
- Handful of crimini mushrooms
- (mix up your favorite mushrooms)
- 2-3 small zucchini cut into wedges
- Parsley chopped
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Garlic
- Water or Vegetable broth
HOW TO CREATE:
- Sauté the onions first in a little bit of water or vegetable broth. Add the garlic once the onions start getting slightly translucent. Add the mushrooms. Add mushrooms. If you need more water or broth as you feel you need. Not too much you don’t want things swimming. Just enough so that nothing burns to the bottom. Add the zucchini after 5-7 minutes of cooking the mushrooms.
- Then garnish with the parsley. I sometimes cook it with everything just to infuse the flavor but you can also add to the top of the dish to make it look pretty!!